Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Queenie's 14 hour music-a-thon!!

Yesterday I woke up determined to get things done.  It was Labor Day in the U.S. so I had one extra day off of work.  My plan was to conquer the vendor for my shop, add a few things to the SLexchange box, and then relax awhile before logging into RL.  But I wasn't content to listen to canned music so I had the bright idea to ask a few DJs if they would be available to spin for me and a friend while we puttered about in SL.  And so it began.....

DJ Luigy aka Luigy Balhaus came over to start the day.  He's one of my very first DJ friends in SL and has always been a sweetheart to me.  Luigy brought along some brand new tunes and worked them over while he prepared a set for a radio broadcast this weekend.  Three of us listened in.  Thrill passed out on the couch (where he'd spend most of the next 14 hours), Tahra shaking her thang, and me pushing around prims and vendors.  Eventually wonderful things come to an end and Luigy had to leave to take care of his own things.  I sent the word out and a few minutes later DJ Parsifal Beck dropped in.

Parsi's set was magnificent.  I was so happy to finally hear a full set as I'm usually coming in just as he finishes up so this was a real treat!!  During his set a few more people started to trickle in and by the time he was done my little piece of SL had developed a steady flow of people and DJs including DJ Renanyoy Oh, DJ MartFader Schwager, DJSVEN Newman, DJ Briddy "The Diva" Boucher and to close out the night, DJ Goodes Bade.

Although I didn't get done what I needed to I had a fantastic time and I'm pretty sure my guests enjoyed as well. And I admit, here is something so delicious about standing on the rooftop of my muni-building listening to an awesome DJ while watching the guests mingle.  I'm pretty sure we got the sim bouncing so hard that we nearly knocked the giant sculpty earth off it's axis!!!

mmmm, boxes.
not weird enough  yet @ my place


No comments: