Thursday, July 24, 2008

Adventures in SL: Zee and Zora's Little Slice

I spend a lot of time in Second Life far away from my little piece of land poking my nose around other people's build, fascinated by the talent and creativity of our residents.  The other day I decided that maybe I need to spend some time at my home sim, visiting with the neighbor's, have a cup of coffee, watching the jellyfish go by. Huh? Jellyfish? Queen, what are you talking about? 

Simple.  I've got the best sim neighbors ever!  I've had my home in the Areumdeuli sim for over a year now and  I attribute my longevity in the same location to my wonderful neighbors Zee Pixel and Zora Spoonhammer, owners of Zee and Zora's Little Slice.  The interaction I've had with Zee and Zora since in the sim is a lesson in trust, and kindness between strangers in a virtual world.  Usually a person can't get a tour of my place without a few minutes from me about how great my neighbors are.  And, in addition to being good, solid, upstanding residents of Second Life, Zora developer and content creator, and Zee  supports her with promotion and distribution.  Wow! What a team!!

Maybe you'd like a nice place to relax and visit with friends while you watch the jellyfish float by? You can! Thanks to Zee and Zora.  
jellyfish heaven

How about some snake charming in the Curiosity Shop? Yep, that's a Zee and Zora. Picnic by the pond? Zee and Zora, too.  Zora created the intricately detailed pond, fish, water...there's a construction kit in the Curiosity shop so you can have one too!
Zee and Zora's little slice
(psst, check out the bots in the sky behind me! It just occurred to me, is my robot fetish showing?)

I bet most of you don't know that if your draw is set high enough you can see a Giant Topographical Scupltie Earth (with real time cloud data) from the balcony of my shoppy.  Yes, again...Zee and Zora.

One of my favorites: The bots that shuttle supplies across the property.  I often will sit on the stoop of my muni building and watch the little buggers work, work, work.  It's so easy to explore all of these wonderful creations, just tp into Zee and Zora's Little Slice and check the directional signs.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!!!! In addition to building so many wonderful things in-world and making them available for you to take home (check the Curiosity Shop), Zee and Zora create tools to help other SLer's create.  Check out CCCCybernetics for access to Zura's newest creation, a "morph target UV mesh library and models for AC3D."   For more info you can check out the Second Life Forum. Content creators, this is a must have. MUST.  If you scroll down while visiting their site, you'll find Zora's Sculpted Prim Export Plug-in for AC3D.  Amazing.  But, this is where my head starts to spin from all the tech lingo, so I'm going back to sit on my stoop, sip a gin fizz and watch the worker bots do their thing.


No comments: