Saturday, July 12, 2008

Adventures in SL: Privateer Space CLOSED (Aley, say it ain't so!)


privateer espace closed 1
Originally uploaded by Andromega

I was gonna show you all a piccy to get you through the weekend, BUT.....Andromega Volare has just posted this picture. I don't mean to resort to sensationalism by posting such a graphic picture depicting a horrific scene (I admit, I had to sit for a few minutes to let the nausea subside) BUT, it's important that we face certain issues to prevent them from happening to others.

Awhile ago I had posted a review of the Privateer Space Sim created and operated by Aley Arai. And just recently I returned there to explore with Midori Yatsenko and Elric Ember. I think that Midori was squatting in the space station and I was considering moving into Venus. It was the very next day that I heard through Lucky Kitty Chat that Aley was closing Privateer Space Sim. I suppose I felt that if I ignored the news that somehow it couldn't be true.

Sadly, as you can see by the picture, it is true. Privateer Space Sim, an SL treasure, is closed.

Residents, please....when you hear of something of interest, a must see, go and take a few minutes to experience for yourself. The closing of Privateer Space is an important reminder of how quickly things can changed our great big Second Life Universe.

No comments: