Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Peeking into your SL Past - Blogger/Plurker challenge

QC and DulceRebeca_003

This was me. One year ago today. Fascinating. What do I see when I look at this picture? A few things....
This was taken at Breezer's place when I was still participating in the Treasure Quest Hunts. It was a lot of fun, good exposure for my shop and I met some good people. But it was also an experience that reminded me that SL can have some "bad players" and so I moved on.
I also note that in this picture I was well accessorized. I guess I've been prim whoring for awhile now. And me loves it!
*deep sighs* The most significant image in this picture is my good friend, Dulcerebeca. For a long time she was always at my side. She was my companion, my helper, my dearest friend. What you can't see in this picture is the pain I was feeling at the time because of an SL relationship gone horribly wrong. Dulce was there to get me through the days. She was always there for me. We had wonderful fun together. She taught me to laugh in a foreign language. jajajajaja!!

She had some RL losses that she was coping with. I did my best to be there for her while she worked through them. Eventually she met a man in SL and she became consumed by him, and the drama that the relationship brought with it. Unfortunately she found pain and heartache in SL which gave her no relief from the pain and heartache of RL. Currently she's coping with RL and I hope that she can find a way to heal after the losses she's endured.

A year later, if you scroll through my flickr stream you'll notice that eventually she slowly fades from that place beside me. However, you'll also notice others that have come and gone through my SLife. While I may not be with them now, and sometimes I take a few names in vain, I have been lucky to know each of these people. I try my best to learn everyday and to take lessons from the interactions I have even the bad ones.

And now for the challenge:
Find a picture of yourself from one year ago. Post it to your blog, your flickr, your plurk, and share with us your thoughts and reflections. Please post a link here to guide readers to you. (dont worry about opening the floodgates. *looks around at her 3 readers and thinks there's plenty of holiday punch for this party)

5 comments:

Chestnut Rau said...

Great post! I have a pretty cool photo from one year ago today to use. I will take a photo in
and hope to post tonight or tomorrow. This should be fun so thanks for throwing down the challenge.

Elizabeth Hallstrom said...

Wonderful Idea Ms. Queen. I am going to browse through my photos this week after the family festiviites!

Chestnut Rau said...

Posted. http://slofdreams.blogspot.com/

C said...

I didn't post a picture from a year ago, but I did some reflecting.

http://censtwocents.blogspot.com/2008/12/reflections-and-resolutions.html

Have a wonderful holiday season and best wishes in 2009

Queen Coronet said...

Hello and thank you for enjoying! I can't wait to read what you've written....*scurries off to chase the links.