Friday, December 26, 2008

Fashion Forward into 2009 with GW

I am often asked about my keen fashion sense. In fact, there isn't a day that goes by that someone doesn't say to me, "Queen, that is quite an outfit you have on! How did you manage to pull that together?" I suppose one might even say I'm known for my willingness to push the limits of style. But I can't do it alone. I depend on the aide of others to help keep me fashion forward.

I recently had the opportunity to sit down with GW Raymaker to discuss the future of style in SL. He's an amazing DJ, an intrepid explorer, The Underground's Mr. 100, and a sexy adorable Italian stallion. I spent some time with him discussing Nietzsche, and the drinking habits of cats. Eventually the conversation moved to what he felt we could look forward to in 2009.

GW explained that this upcoming season we can expect to see boys as the hot new trend. Everyone should have at least one at their side, underneath, on top. Boys are the must have of 2009.

Calling cards are IN. We'll no longer be adding new friends to our list but rather we'll pass calling cards as a means to keep in touch.

Gestures are OUT. The squeaky name gestures are OUT. The hot and fresh newness for 2009 will be voice and sounds. Plenty of sounds. The most fashion forward stylies will seek out sounds ripped from the conversation of others in voice. HOT HOT HOT!

I asked GW what he saw as the coming style for men. He replied with no hesitation, "For men, stockings and shorts." Then he added, "All naked with stockings, and little cocks. Big cocks are out. Monster cocks are out of fashion." (Note to my boys: feel free to buck the trend on this one.)

He continued by declaring, "no neko, vampires, or slave masters." When I questioned him further on the topic, GW did note that, "Furries are in, I think they are very cute. Foxes, and wolves. But no animal sex."

I was surprised at his declaration that, "Gay is out." I mean, after all, one of the things he and I have in common is our love of men. Fortunately, although gay is out he continued by explaining that men having sex with men is IN. As is women having sex with women.

As for women's style, GW said a woman can wear anything that she wants. He also mentioned that baby clothes (children's clothes) very sexy, but that age play is OUT.

I hope that by sharing GW's insight with all of you that you'll be better prepared to meet 2009 with fashion in hand. If anyone needs me I'll be stocking up on boys and socks and making a list of the cutest furries I know!

"Stockings and shorts, very important." - GW Raymaker
Interview with GW Raymaker

3 comments:

Peter Stindberg said...

I've always been a big fan of calling cards and have filed a JIR suggestion to enhance their usability. You might want to vote on VWR-3800

Anonymous said...

oh Queen, yess!i may add here some trends i forgot like:
"Skating in gorean sims"
"cybering with a slex terminal"
"beating sl bitches with a pink strapon"
"no minimal houses and furnitures , and techno"
"singing at karaoke (clubs will substitute theyr camping and sploders with a open mic for excited newbies)"
"stalkers are out, but they are always back in lol"
"making a alt and trying to flirt with me is out"
"dramas are in, who says he avoids drama is the one that causes them"
"building a club, and then after looking for random djs to play into it, is out but always in"
"deep house is out (lmao now they all play deephouse they say, then u go listen and is oldfashion 2006 style electrohouse o minimal)"
... more to come lol still checking places and people.. :P

and yess Peter! Calling cards are cool! but if they dont have your name in theyr friendlist arent able to send u unwanted tps..

Queen Coronet said...

Thanks Peter, some great ideas over there. We'll see, right?

GW, you're amazing. Where would I be without your guidance?