Sunday, May 10, 2009

Queenie Hunts!! : Keys to the VIP Hunt

I did a hunt this weekend. I haven't done one in what seems like forever. Frankly, I've been suffering from freebie hunter's fatigue. I appreciate hunts and I've participated in them as a shop owner and a hunter. But as of late there have been hunts with or all of the following problems: poorly organized, too large to fathom completion without coming face to face with insanity, unreasonably difficult, militant shop owners, rude hunters, and sadly the results are often an inventory stocked up with poor quality items.

Friday night I was already hearing good things about the KEYS TO THE VIP HUNT. I checked out the website and I was so happy to see that they had posted HINTS for each location. That cinched it, I was in! I'm a frugal person RL and SL and I love a bargain. But I'm also willing to pay for something that's got value so I had no problem spending 200L for the pass required for the hunt. On Saturday morning I enjoyed a few hours of hunting and had a great time. I was really pleased to find so many fantastic stores. I'm still unpacking but so far I've been really pleased with the goodies.

I was just over at the KEYS TO THE VIP HUNT to grab the URL and I noticed they are having problems with "cheaters." Someone has posted all the SLURLS to the prizes. And now shop owners are changing up the locations, and the organizer is scrambling to redo the clues, and..... *sighs* Come on. Really? I have my opinions, but in the interest of bedtime I'll leave them to a later date. I'm sure this issue won't go away anytime soon.

BTW!!! I'm loving big time on the *shinji* sports sneaks. They're super cute and really well made. Plus there's a belt 'n' other stuff to match also in the hunt.
rainy day sunday
Raincoat = K*S raincoat77
Pose = Rainy Day @ Pulling Strings
KEYS TO THE VIP HUNT GIFTS:
Umbrella = *LC* Nerdy Cute Umbrella blue/green (lounge gift at the end of the hunt)
Skin = [42] skin keys hunt tan
Shoes = *Shinji* Argyle Sports Sneaks - THESE ARE ADORABLE!! MY NEW FAVORITE SNEAKERS!!
Pants = 4EVA GUTTA - I had no idea I'd like these pants so much.

No comments: