Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Queen's Musings - from funk to funky

Yesterday I was in a funk. It wasn’t good at all. The kind of funk that makes me want to hide away on a platform and torture prims where eventually I tire of their tiny screams and venture forth to collect the weeks freebies or cruise free sex sims for a noob boyfriend. Instead I chose to relax in my melon cooler, listen to some blues and diddle with Twain. In photoshop! Geez, git your mind out of the gutter.

Ding ding!! IM came in from Genki Dreamscape: Queen, wanna come here my set? Yes, tp please. And so I trudged off to the local furry club to mope around while I listened to Genki’s beats. OK, listen….NOBODY can mope when Genki’s on the desk. (it’s a joke, just laugh and keep reading.) To fit in better I transformed into Queenie the Cabbit, she’s so cute!! We had a slow start, he played the most amazing 11 minutes of his life and no one was there to hear it cuz the darn stream wasn’t in right. NOTE: I’ve come a long way in my music learning. I know this now cuz as I was listening in I thought, “this ain’t electro. And it ain’t speed garage.” So I says to Genki, “Genki, is it in yet?”

BOOM!! There’s the tunes I was in search of!!! From the moment his sounds hit my ears things started to change. As I waited for my attachments to load I sent out a few notices and tp’d in a few people. This was something that I HAD to share. HAD to.

Remember the funk I was in? Within moments of a few friends arriving the cloud had lifted and suddenly I was again at peace with the world of SL. Old friends, new friends, happy friends, even a sad one in the midst of it all…we were there together and enjoying the moment. Privately we all giggled as our HOOOOOOOS!!! and RRUUUUUUBGAS!!! caused a stir among the security staff; Vinnie and Bella earned the UG Hot Messes of the Day Award in recognition of their out of control accessorization; and I took a little time to reconnect with a very sweet friend.


At the end of Genki’s set I grabbed dear Mr. Ribe Oh and dragged him along to CodeBastard’s Rouge shops to pick up a freebie couples pose set. (ty Codie!) I pinned Ribe down and snapped a few pics, blogged, flickr’d and plurked, picked up a new friend in the frenzy (waves to CT!!), got mooned by Veyron, AND at the end of it all ushered in my 2nd rezzday nestled between two of the mostloving peoples I know, Codie and Gabby.

And, in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.
– The Beatles.
Thank you, everyone. I think I’m gonna be ok.

No comments: