Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Adventures in SL: SPACE EXPLORERS!!!!!


Originally uploaded by Queen Coronet

So last night I was minding my business...just puttering about in SL when I noticed in one of my groups some chat about a search for a moonbuggy.  I knew that the kitties of the Lucky Kitty Crew run by Serenity Semple were on a freebie hunt @ a space sim but had no idea that moonbuggies were involved!! I quickly strapped on my space gear, checked and double checked my anti-gravity animations and grabbed my good friend and amazing DJ, Treven Zabelin.  TO SPACE!!!

We landed at the Privateer Space sim at a docking station and thankfully you can get your own private space ship for exploring.  From there Treven lead the way as we flew around to the different planets.  We landed on Mars and got out to walk around, collect a few space rocks... poke our noses into crevasses. 

It was then that I saw out of the corner of my eye...a moonbuggy!! I quickly hollered out to the driver, Aley,  to inquire about the gorgeous little vehicle.  Aley motioned to me to hop on and off we went!  So there I was, riding the hood of the moonbuggy, and being guided into the depths of this amazing sim.  Suddenly it occurred to me that this Aley knew this place inside and out, in a way that only someone who has spent many hours, even days or months would know a place.  *smacks herself on the head* Duh!!! ALEY IS THE GENIUS  THAT OWNS AND DEVELOPED THE SIM!!! 

A few minutes later Treven joined us and he and I enjoyed a private tour of Privateers Space.  Aley has reall done a wonderful job on this place.  It's the only sim that has a fully functioning laundry room.  Every detail has been thought of, textures, shapes, sounds, and even designed to accommodate the everyday pc user.  Amazing!

Once in awhile something will happen.... a memorable SL moment that could not be duplicated.  I was happy to share it with my friend, Treven.  Glad to have been an inspirational creator, Aley.  It's times like this that remind me that sometimes ya just need to take that random LM and see where the pixels winds take ya.



No comments: