Thursday, January 1, 2009

21st Century Queen

In the race into the 21st century of technological wonders I often feel like I'm still tying my shoe at the start line. I admit, my venture into SL has brought me closer to my computer and expanded my knowledge about all things electrical. However, anytime someone starts talking about the details involved in making a computer operate, or maneuvering through the "world wide web" my eyes glaze over. [Even formulating that sentence makes me a bit light headed]

I'm a capable woman. I can fix a sink. I can change the headlights in my car. Last summer I conquered my sprinkler system went it went bonky. And my RL work requires an intellectual analysis of complex issues on a regular basis. But darnit all!! I just can't seem to wrap my head around these machines of the future that you refer to as "computers" and all the fancy things that a person can do with them.

When I found out I have a follower I was excited because I'm pretty sure it means that I can count on at least one person reading what I am writing today. BUT I was also reminded that I otherwise have no concept of what that really means for a blog. I've poked in the help section of blogger, I've set myself up on Google Analytics, I've tried to read about blog traffic (get more confused) and so on. Still, I just don't get it.

I often eavesdrop on conversations RL, SL, & plurklife, intently hoping that something in my brain will click and I'll finally understand. It hasn't happened yet. I like my computer and I want to tap into more of what it and I can do for each other. And I like my blog, it is a great exercise in writing and a way to share pictures and thoughts. This year I resolve to continue in my quest to grasp these concepts so foreign to me. My shoes are tied and I'm ready to go. Just bear with me, this is gonna be one whacky race!

queen on pc

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like your blog - the way you write is very easy to understand and I can really appreciate that! I followed you from Torley's blog :) I also like the photo in this post - it says it all LOLOL.

Happy New Year to you!
Aloha

Queen Coronet said...

Thank you Sahoni!! I'm glad you stopped by to read and that you actually liked what I wrote! I'm happy to report that I can account for at least 2 more readers!!
Happy new year, Sahoni!!