Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Portrait of a DJ - Bridgitte Boucher

DJ Briddy "The Diva" Boucher
QC: ok, ready for your interrogation?
BB: yep
QC: What style of music do you play?
BB: I enjoy playing a lot of different genres. Sometimes I enjoy mixing minimal and techno, tech house, other times I like to mix electro and indie dance....I always enjoy throwing in something unusual here and there...
BB: I love ska, punk rock, and of course, indie and rock...my roots in music
QC: Why do you DJ or, what motivates you?
BB: hmmm. Here's the poetic answer. I'm totally motivated by the beats and the sounds I can create with a mixer, and the way it moves people. Sound is amazing manipulator of the mind. But really, I wouldn't be doing all of this if it wasn't for Init. He saw it in me and pushed me to go for it. So really, I have him to thank.
QC: (wow, you both amaze me. did you know that?)
BB: oh i do? *wipes crumbs from mouth*
Bridgitte Boucher smiles
Queen Coronet sighs and moves on...
BB: lol
QC: When you aren't DJing what do you like do in SL?
BB: I love seeing new places in sl...the AM radio builds amaze me....the art sims always have amazing creations...and shopping of course...but mostly I like to hang with my friends and hear tunes.
BB: lol
BB: oh i said amazing twice...insert an appropriate adjective to replace amazing for me
QC: oooh, i don't like to edit. i prefer you in the raw.
BB: amazing!
BB: and of course, i'm partnered...i spend a lot of time with Ideal
QC: and i don't think that came out the way i intended. just make that your catch phrase. Amazing!
BB: Amazing! :D
QC: Where can you be found playing?
BB: I'm usually playing at Drain, Tir Na Gra, Nick Nack, Somewhere....random parties @ Rouge....the Naughty Box of course....and special events here and there.
QC: Anything else you want the world to know?
BB: I need to give props to Thinker Moy and Justine Perenti for giving me my first opportunities to spin in clubs here in sl, Alphabox and at HOME. I am in awe of the electronic music community that we are a part of here on sl, and the level of talent that is represented, so I am always humbly grateful for any opportunity to spin for any audience among such great djs. I appreciate all of my friends who have been so supportive and HOO at the right times during my sets. Lol. P.s. My panties are for sale in the lobby.
QC: You're great, B!! Thankies!!!

DJ Briddy "The Diva" Boucher mixes can be downloaded from Soundcloud, xstreamist.com, and SL Bootlegs (itunes).

No comments: