Sunday, June 7, 2009

Open Court Sessions @ The Underground Basketball Courts - WIN!!

Today was Open Court Session at the Underground Basketball Courts and it was an amazing success!!! Operating within The Underground group, Briddy and I organize electronic music events. In the past we've done open courts and thought it was time for another. The concept is to do an open call for DJs to come and play one hour sets, head to head. We donned our UG uniforms and headed off to The Underground Courts.

Before we knew it, the DJs were lined up and ready to go. At some points we neared max load on the sim. The entire day we had a great crowd of people coming and going. It was really fantastic to hear great tunes, enjoy our friends and make new friends too! I'm so thankful I have Briddy to do all the work so I can relax and take all the credit. (Seriously, I'm absolutely thankful for all she does.) And I'm lovin' on all the members of the music community that came out today to have a good time.

I want to make sure to say thank you to all the DJs that brought us tunes throughout the day: Bridgitte "Briddy the Diva" Boucher, Jasminx Saenz, NuRito Inshan, Luigy Balhaus, DJAmpz Dinzel, Goodes Bade, DJOsiris Darkstone, Mbone Pizzaro, Coggy Nikolaidis, Ideal Flow, and Genki Dreamscape. We love you all!! *runs around giving thank you hugs (and gropes)*

And finally, I present to you today's winner of The Underground Hot Mess of the Day Award... The North Court. This is only the second time in history of the award that a location won the award and it's well deserved. [Previously my house had won after something went horribly awry when I tried to move it just a teeny bit] Nothing shouts out "hot mess" like hippo balloons, a tuba player and a Barbie bedroom set. Well done!!
The UG Hot Mess of The Day - North Court - Queen Coronet
You can find more pictures from The Underground here.

No comments: